Saturday, September 19, 2009

Guitar Geek's Log Week 4

Hello everyone,
I'm sorry that I don't have pictures up this week from Guitar Camp. I haven't been feeling real well, and it seems building guitars was the most I could do... So no pictures were taken this week really. I did make a lot of progress on the neck of my second guitar though. I have made a radius on the fret board, cut the fret slots, and installed the fretboard bindings. I also cut out my neck blank, installed the truss rod, applied the peghead overlay, shaped the majority of the neck profile, and begun cutting the peghead inlay from gold mother of pearl. Hopefully I'll have more up for you soon. I do believe I got the highest grade in the class on our first guitar project so yay for me.

and now,

Hear that lonesome whippoorwill
He sounds too blue to fly
The midnight train is whining low
I'm so lonesome I could cry

I've never seen a night so long
When time goes crawling by
The moon just went behind a cloud
To hide its face and cry

Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves began to die?
That means he's lost the will to live
I'm so lonesome I could cry

The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are
I'm so lonesome I could cry

- Hank Williams

2 comments:

  1. All the more reason for you to come see me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rascal Flatts - My Wish

    I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow,and each road leads you where you want to go,and if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.

    And if one door opens to another door closed,
    I hope you keep on walkin' 'til you find the window,if it's cold outside,show the world the warmth of your smile,but more than anything,

    My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,

    You never need to carry more than you can hold,
    and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too.

    I hope you never look back, but ya never forget, all the ones who love you, in the place you left,I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,and you help somebody every chance you get.

    Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
    and always give more then you take. You never need to carry more than you can hold,
    and while you're out there getting where you're getting to,I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too.

    This is our wish.

    ReplyDelete