Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nature Pics





This is Fred-Spider that I caught in the front lawn this week. He wasn't real full of life though, so after getting a few pics, I tucked him away in the woods where we wouldn't step on him while we were throwing the football around.



I found myself back on Hillside Rd today as I was aiming for squirrels again with my car. But I uh, wasn't actually there, I was here, on my little Hayes Rd which is looking quite lovely these days as all the leaves are breathing their last. I did hit my squirrel, but it wasn't exactly a clean kill; Perhaps the sand road gave under his furry little head and provided some relief? I felt the bump, but he still made it off the road when I saw him in my rear-view.





The squirrels here aren't quite like the filbert eating devils back home, they look a little more like this rascal here, and they're all over right now, running up and down trees, chasing and fighting each other and what not. By now you probably all think I'm a monster for trying to hit one.
Well, it's true.
It was a little foggy this day and raining, so my pictures didn't turn out as bright as I was hoping. This is the Muskegon River that flows through town here not too far from me. I hear it'll freeze about a foot deep this winter so that should be entertaining. Other than dodging the frequent wild turkeys here, and the deer, I don't have to much else to offer from the local nature scene. Hope you enjoy what I have though, hope all is well with...all. Talk to you all later.
Brian

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work. You are doing a splendid job. Enjoy all your blogs and the pictures that accompany the information. You can be very proud of your instruments. And we are extremely proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you try to hit that adorable squirrel? He's almost as amazing s Gizmo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gizmo would be easier to hit since he's a bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great shots of the nature scenes there. You can take the country boy from Oregon and put him in Michigan, but you sure can't change his driving style. Those poor squirrels don't have a chance going up against an all wheel drive.

    Lots of love,
    Your Aunt and Uncle.

    ReplyDelete